Passengers identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen enrolled in the Global Entry program should know that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller.
Registered Traveller is a new service launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for nationals from the United States. Membership in Registered Traveller costs £70. Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.
Membership in Registered Traveller include the following benefits:
- Access to ePassport gates at airports across the country
- Use of the UK / European Union queue at airports across the country
- A dedicated Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick Airport
- Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK
- No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.
Registered Traveller is already proving popular with members, who have provided praises such as, “This is an excellent service, it is efficient, extremely well run and very effective. I would highly recommend this service,” and “Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy. Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”
You can apply for Registered Traveler online now at: